Dr. Lucas Klein, Portland Psychologist
I am a Licensed Psychologist in Portland, Oregon, and also in 3 other states, providing psychotherapy in Portland in person full time and I am also available for individuals located in California and New York who wish to use video therapy. I consider learning to be a lifelong process, and I take that mentality into the way I work. I have a Ph.D. Clinical Psychology from CSPP-San Diego, advanced training in Psychoanalysis, and I am a regional expert in Psychological Testing. I believe you and I need to become co-experts on your struggles. As a formally trained psychoanalytic psychologist, I have a level of understanding that goes well beyond standard training, which will assist in our making progress toward defining the major complaints and problems in your life.
- Ph.D. Clinical Psychology, California School of Professional Psychology, San Diego, CA. 2011; Magna Cum Laude Honors
- 5 year Training in Adult Psychoanalysis from the San Diego Psychoanalytic Center and the Oregon Psychoanalytic Center. Currently finished with year 3 of 5.
- Doctoral research: Multi-method personality assessment in psychological testing
- B.A., Psychology, Siena College, 2005; Cum Laude Honors
- Private practice since 2009
- Intensive psychoanalytic and psychological testing supervision
- Currently engaged in 5 year advanced training in Adult Psychoanalysis.
- Neurocognitive assessment
- Forensic testing in criminal and civil court
- Three years of both predoctoral and postdoctoral training with adolescents and young adults in psychotherapy and neurocognitive testing.
- Trained the psychology staff at the California Department of Corrections in the forensic use of the Rorschach Performance Assessment System.
Lucas Klein, Ph.D.
833 SW 11th Ave, Suite 420
Portland, Oregon 97205